Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service applies to stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server hosted by a web hosting distributor. There are various classes of hosting services used for various goals, so let's take a peek at them. Doing so, you can conclude what you need, based on whether you wish to create a website, mail aliases, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service delivered by given file storage providers, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting plans often involve ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given span of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would apportion the tasks at hand between autonomous sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (email, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a kind of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share a large quantity of pics with friends or associates since the service is generally free of charge. You will get a random link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to tackling your e-mails. Some companies provide hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you would like to own an email address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to use as many video clips as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to keep a site. To some degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and mail addresses, upload videos, and so on. At WhitePointerNet Pty Ltd, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared to the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are made for particular content only.